We love to read books, to write about books, and we love conversations about books. Jane Austen once said, “If a book is well written I always find it too short.” I would add that if a book is well written I want to talk with others who have read it. If you concur, please join us for (drumroll)
The Three Ladies of Lit Summer Book Club!
What are we reading this summer? Well, it’s fiction… it’s a classic… it has a protagonist you will relate to… it is full of adventure… it has deep spiritual truths and lots of application for our lives… you may have already read it but you’ll want to again…
It’s Hind’s Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard!
I re-read this marvelous little book this past year and you can read my review here if you missed it. While I loved it the first time I read it, back in the days when there were no cars and only horse drawn carriages, I loved it even more with this reading. Don’t you find when you re-read something you discover something new that makes it worth the re-read? You will with this book. While the story was as I remembered it, there were new spiritual truths I discovered in this recent reading.
The story centers on Much Afraid, a timid young woman with lame feet and a twisted mouth who lives near her awful family, the Fearings. She loves the Good Shepherd whom she serves, and although crippled and fearful, longs to go to the High Places where she can be free of the trials of her life.
She learns many lessons along the way, and we will too, as we travel with her to the high places. Where we will benefit even more from this wonderful book is when we “talk” about it together! Here’s Ashley with the nuts and bolts of how can join us, whether you’re near or far.
Hello lit lovers! I'm here with the logistics, because you know how much I love organizing! Heres the break down in 5 easy steps...
1. Sign up! It's easy and at the bottom of this post.
2. Our start date is June 8th (See how I gave you time to find your old copy or purchase a new one if you need to?)
3. Watch for our email. On June 8th you will get an email with our reading schedule and your password and instructions so that you can join our discussion group! (Don't stress, this is a "no stress book club" so if your not into following a reading schedule that's fine)
4. Read! Find a spot, grab some ice tea, coffee, lemonade and dive into this classic.
5. Discuss! We want to chat! Each Friday I will send you an email with a link to that weeks discussion post. However, in the continued spirit of the "No Stress Book Club" don't feel pressured to post something.
That's the gist of it. If you have questions you can contact us via the contact page and I'll be happy to help you out. Back to you Mom!
Hi again! Now if you don’t have a copy, you can choose from several formats from our friends at Amazon in the links below. While I love a book in my hand, the Audible version narrated by Nadia May was outstanding. You can try out Audible by clicking the link on the bottom of this post.
Please join us, and invite a friend! We’d love to have you journey with us as we travel with Much Afraid.
***This post contains affiliate links, which means purchase made from said links provides a tiny remuneration to the ladies.***